Monday, November 3, 2008

titanic

last night I watched part of Titanic. The end. It was horrible. Disturbing. as always. I sobbed. as always. I looked up the list of victims. It didnt include nearly as many children as the movie depicted. It was still heartwrenching. I first saw the movie in theaters with my ex husband when it came out. I cried then, I cried every time I have seen it since then. There is a scene where a mother in steerage is tucking in her small children and telling them a story until they fall asleep while all around them chaos ensues, water rushing in. I just can't imagine the horror a mother would feel knowing that there was nothing she could do to prevent her children from being drowned. Knowing full well they would die. My heart just bursts with the horror of it all. I cant stand to think that something could happen to MY babies.

No comments: