Wednesday, November 12, 2008

new baby

my friend from residency just had a baby boy. he has down's syndrome. and a host of other medical issues. she has 5 other children including one adopted from Guatemala(who brought his own health issues when he came home). I sure wish we lived closer to her. she was so helpful to me when I was pregnant and after Maia was born and I was released without baby. She got my kids from school when I was in labor. and kept them. she kept them when we went to russia, twice. she was my shoulder when I lost my baby. she was the one I called when I was having an irrational hormonal mother moment while still in the hospital after having Maia. She dropped everything and came over to the hospital to make sense for me. I know she is in a tough place right now. I wish I could be closer to help.

No comments: