Tuesday, May 5, 2009

a parent who loves himself more than his kids

band concert, award- missed it
piano concert- missed it
art show- missed it
all piano recitals past- missed them


his excuse is that he cant come its too far and its always at night and blah blah blah. Eric left work to rush up to Danielle's dance recital, driving several hours, watched recital, had a moment with the girl, drove several hours home again and went to work the next day. he also did this when his kids graduated from high school. its called being a parent. I am so annoyed that he hasnt even spoken to her this week to tell her good luck or anything. He wont return my calls so I have no idea if he is going to let them go to Ukraine with us. he is an ass and I suspect the kids are going to come to that realization on their own one of these days soon. I have done my best not to poison them against him. if they turn their backs on him, it was all his own doing. or rather lack of doing.

2 comments:

junglemama said...

Hi. Thank you for all of your comments on my blog. If you get the chance, I would love a summary of your story so that am caught up.

MoonDog said...

Eric and I are a blended family. he has an ex wife who keeps wanting more alimony(both their kids are grown and do not live with her). I have an ex husband who is controlling and likes to make things difficult. our two children live with me and Eric and rarely see him (his choice)but when it involves legal matters he never wants to cooperate. Would rather argue about things past. Together Eric and I had Maia, and adopted Ethan from Russia(which was a bit of an adoption nightmare) Our kids at home are 14,12,nearly 7, and 5, and we are working on bringing home little Annie from RR, except I think her name will be Ana(although Eric thinks she looks like a Sophie). I love reading about your big family and watching Dennis grow and get cuter all the time. I admire your strength and grace in your struggles. so there in a nutshell is everything! Eric did talk to the kids dad and he said they could go to Ukraine with us now. but its typical of him to say one thing and do another, or just be difficult along the way.