Tuesday, May 5, 2009

how is it possible?

that some people do not want better for their kids than they had? doesnt that strike you as wierd? but that is just what the kids dad seems to want. he thinks they shouldnt go to camp because he didnt. I think he just doesnt want to pay for any of it. and I called to ask about taking the kids to Ukraine but of course he didnt call me back and doesnt answer my calls. he has yet to pay me for any of the money he owes me for activities and medical for like the past FIVE years. and wants me to ask his permission before putting them in anything. yeah right father of the year. chrysta takes piano, and they go to summer camp, and she does girl scouts. they did do some swimming lessons in the past. but other than that they dont do a lot that costs money. and I am supposed to clear with him whether they need medical care? I think not. he is no doctor. and to be fair he gets by quite cheap in that aspect with us having a doctor at home. a lot of things that I used to take them to the doctor for I now know enough to know it isnt necessary or I can consult with eric if it really is necessary. so basically he is bitching about piano lessons and summer camp, glasses, braces, and a broken arm. He is really something. I need to look into whether I even need his permission. Danielle only needed one parents permission when she went on a cruise to the bahamas.

5 comments:

~CarolynA said...

There are all kinds of people out there that think if they suffered so should you, if they went with out than so should you, etc.
Even my own mother did not want me to get a college degree before her. So she refused to fill out the financial aid paperwork that parents need to fill out until you turn 25. I wasn't emancipated so I was screwed! No way I could have gone to school with out a student loan or financial aid. What's funny is now my mom is getting her masters at the age of 63....quick before I get mine!!! Parents are a strange bunch. It scares me that I am one sometimes.

code mindw

MoonDog said...

well why did I marry one? ugh. I want more for our kids. I want them to do lots of stuff and have lots of experiences. youre only a kid once!

~CarolynA said...

Because you loooooooved him. And I been hearing lately that you can't choose who you love;)

MoonDog said...

well I was stupid I think. I was in love with being in love and I was in love with being out of my parents house.

~CarolynA said...

"in love" what a myth. I guess that's why the divorce rate is so high.
How is it possible that love the most divine of all emotions can be so misleading, so blind? It's a paradox. Maybe it's not really love. Maybe love always remains divine and it's just our stupidity that gets in the way. Ya, that must be it!

I'm sooooo over it.