Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What was I thinking?

Thinking I could stay here? I just dont know if I can. I have been asking to move for YEARS. Like since we moved in.  I know it might not seem like it to others but I feel like I have a target on my back all the time. Like my kids have targets on their backs.I so want another child. I really do. but at what cost?  My kids get kicked out of things for stupid reasons. We will never be a part of this town. that much is clear. If we are to stay here I have to come to terms with that. I will be me, same as before, and they will be the way they are and I have to not care. I have to teach my kids not to care. I guess its a good lesson for them.  be what you are and not care what anyone else thinks.  It is so frustrating to feel so left out all the time. I have some friends here. but 99% of the town either ignores us or openly hates us. What have we done? Eric  feels like it will be this way anywhere because we are college educated and he is the doctor and people resent that.  But at least in a bigger city we could find other educated people and not EVERYONE would know at first glance who we are.  I love my husband and want to be where he is. but oh how can I stay here? I love our property, I love our trees and yard and clothes line.  Now if the rest of the town would just go away.

3 comments:

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn said...

My previous comment didn't say what I really felt... you would be sorely missed in this community. We need people who don't fit the mold, who can contribute in ways that the people here never thought possible. Free thinkers are a hot commodity!!!

MoonDog said...

thanks dawn. We are leaning towards staying for now it seems.