Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hi, Im a dabbler

I dabble in lots of things and find msyelf with lots of unfinished projects. why cant I finish anything? Maybe it is just the constant interruption that happens around here. Maybe its the weather. Maybe I am depressed dealing with the negative one or I am just lazy. I have books unwritten, projects unfinished, quilts unsewn. I have an interest in writing, crafts, sewing, quilts, cooking, psychic ability, and I dabble in them all but master none of them. So I am a woman of many interests and master of none. someone light a fire under me please? I have to work on the book. I am impatient, thats part of it. I want things to happen NOW. and working on things slowly and consistently over time is not as appealing as opening my eyes one day and its done! I need to be a tortoise and not a hare. It is hard for me to focus on anything that takes any energy because I am pretty much it around here. laundry, done by me. cooking, done by me. kid refereeing, done by me. chauffering, done by me. Getting kids ready for bed, done by me. so when I have a moment of peace I just want to savor it and relax mindlessly rather than work on some project. And some of my projects take awhile to prepare for and by the time I get it all set up I don't have a lot of time before I have to put it all away again. so if anyone at all has any oomph or get up and go, please PLEASE send it to me because my get up and go has got up and went(another dadism). It isnt that I don't WANT to do these things. maybe its because even when I do complete things they plans I have for them never materialize. I should learn to just enjoy the process of creating it and not worry what will happen when its done.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

substitute "gardening" for "psychic ability" and you sound a lot like me! Except I call it that I am a tangential person instead of a dabbler. ;) Found your blog from your post on the RR board. Just wanted to say HI. :)

MoonDog said...

hi! thanks for stopping by! I am definitely a dabbler. I have so many books I have begun writing and lost interest in the characters, SO many unfinished projects. but then with 4 kids afoot its a wonder I can get dressed each day!