Monday, February 23, 2009

yesterday/today

yesterday Ethan was wild and obnoxious. aggravating and antagonizing. today he is an angel. an absolute doll. following all the rules.sat in my lap while we watched imagination movers. NO tantrum when I said tv off. working on his school work like a dream(and he is SOO good at it!) played well with the other kids at gym class today. did NOT make a fuss when we left gym class. happily ate up his lunch. happily went off to school. he has been so incredible today I felt I had to reward him somehow. I gave him a big sticker. he liked that. I also told him what a good job he is doing today. he is not fighting with his sister all the livelong day. they had a few minor spats that cleared up quickly but nothing more than is normal sibling stuff. I am just so thrilled and surprised at him today. I am sure it wont last but I am trying really hard today to praise him as much as I can so he can see how nice that is instead of always being the one in trouble. I have been faithfully using 1-2-3 magic. He TOTALLY gets it. I know other people say what do you do when the kid starts to count, then it doesnt work anymore. But I have ignored his counting and carried on as if he hadnt said a word and seems to be working. my MIL really likes 123 she used to teach her clients to do that. so a little positive reinforcements for MOM helps. I actually look FORWARD to his arrival home from preschool today. the kid is so hungry since I took him off the meds I had to reinstate the morning snack. I am just so proud right now. busting at the seams with love for my happy little guy.

No comments: