Sunday, June 1, 2008

what the hell is a NATURAL craft?

I took my sewing projects(and very nice projects if I may say so myself!) to the local farmers market. they told me it wasn't a flea market and and I should look to flea markets where I would surely be welcomed but they don't sell THESE KINDS of things (as if I were trying to sell my dirty underpants!)at the farmers market. Only NATURAL crafts. I packed up my stuff and left. she told me it was OK to stay for that one day but made it clear I better not return. I didn't bother staying. I have never felt so unwanted anywhere in my entire life as I do in this town. I will never belong here. I do have a few friends, good ones even. but mostly I am either A)not wanted or 2)ignored. Some days I try to feel good about being here. about what I DO have. this is not one of those days. I do not even want to go to the store. I don't want to go anywhere. At least not in this town. I want to go to Mora to shop. St cloud. I don't want to go anywhere. Tomorrow is 4H. I don't want to go. GS has to plan their summer activity. I don't want to. I don't want any part of any of it anymore. It is constantly repeated in ways and actions and words that I am not welcome. I do not belong. I shouldn't bother. and yet I do bother. I need to stop all the things I do. This farmers market thing really greatly upset me. I am so hurt by all the people who ignore me/blatantly say things to hurt me. Once I thought the anonymity of a big town was worse but now I yearn for it. In a big town, no one knows or cares who you are. they don't judge you based on how long you have lived there. I will never be a part of this town, no matter how many activities I get involved in. It isn't my town. It will never BE my town. and at this point, I don't even WANT it to be my town. they can keep it. it isn't all that great anyways.

2 comments:

~CarolynA said...

Moondog,
That SUCKS! I'm sorry that one more thing has happened to make you want to leave. It's an unusual place that's for sure and unless you come here with some sort of connection already established, like friends or family it can be pretty sad.

I agree that big towns are much more accepting. My view of small town great has really changed since I've been here, too. It's great for some.

What makes it work for me is that I am not as concerned about making the small town connections...if they happen great...but otherwise I live here for my life in the woods and my friends are spread out around the world so being a part of here is secondary to maintaining those friendships.

I will hate it when you move because your finally here and not there!

MoonDog said...

I guess I need to not care. I need to learn to say screw em! love me or leave me. Maybe if I let go of my ideals of what small town life should be then it wont matter that it isnt that. I have also come to the conclusion that when I go to duluth and have to see a million people in two days, that something is wrong with that because no one ever comes to see ME! I am no longer going to bust my ass trying to see everyone. if they want to see me they can feel free to stop in anytime. but we all know they wont. Even my brother has never been here. He never came to our house in Iowa either. I think I will just from here on out keep to myself. I will take care of what needs taking care of, take care of and be with my kids and husband and my few good friends(like you). and the rest of the world can go to hell. I cant be everything to everyone. right?