Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My Aunt Jan

My dad's sister Jan has always been around. When I was a little girl she would come for Saturday and stay all day and we would have a big spaghetti dinner. She would crochet and knit barbie clothes for me. She would lie on the floor and color in my Barbie color books with me, teaching me how to make the clothes look like they had texture by coloring in different directions. She gave us perms. She had Christmas at her house several years and we all went up there. She always bought me something special for Christmas. I loved going to her house in the country. I would walk up the big hill to the fence and talk to the cows on the other side. I would pick her "flowers" and she told me they were thistle. and when I loved them she told me she loved them too. She had two sons. She didnt have any grand kids until I was about 10 or 12 so I was her special girl. At least I like to think I was. She would take me to the cabin for the weekend with her and Uncle Jim. When Ralph the cat left a dead mouse on my bed she explained it was because he was proud of it and it was his way of saying he liked me(he didnt like me.)When I was scared a bear would come through the window above my bed and eat me she let me sleep with her. When I was scared because my dad wasnt there she slept with me. I loved her like no other. I will miss her like no other.

No comments: