Thursday, June 19, 2008

YAY! for gay marriage

If you love someone you should have the right to marry them, make a permanent commitment if you so choose. I do not think that the gender of the parties makes any difference whatsoever. Congratulations to all the newlyweds in CA. I wish you the best. and I hope for more states to get a fucking clue. I don't really care WHAT your bible says about it. It isn't a bible issue, its a HUMAN issue. If you loved someone and wanted to commit to them forever, wanted to share your health insurance, wanted to know that you would be allowed to be with them when they are ill or on their deathbed and someone said no. you cant make that commitment. you arent allowed to be with them as they convalesce or die. you arent allowed to provide for them. You would be pissed. I would be pissed. and with good reason! I say Kudos to California for getting it right. The rest of the states should take a lesson from them.

No comments: