Wednesday, March 12, 2008

prostitution anyone?

I am not interested in becoming one, however, I think the current laws forbidding it are stupid and arcane. How is it that I can have casual sex with anyone I meet for any reason or no reason at all, but if I get paid its suddenly a crime? that makes no sense at all. If it were a legal position they would pay taxes on their income, thats a good thing. It would also mean women could do it on their own and they wouldn't need a pimp to look after them(and take most of the profits). It shouldn't be a crime, it should be a business opportunity.

By the same token I think that any political official who is having sex with prostitutes is NONE OF MY BUSINESS! it is definitely something he and his wife/partner need to discuss, and it definitely can cause problems at home. but unless he is using public funds to do it WHO THE HELL CARES!

Child prostitution is wrong. A child is not old enough or mature enough or knowledgable enough to consent. but if two consenting adults have sex and one person pays the other person its a service provided, not a crime. and furthermore if I want to hire someone to go to some todo with me and then I want sex afterwards, I really should have to pay for the extra services rendered. Not doing so amounts to stealing, which is also a crime. so I am damned if I do, and damned if I don't.

No comments: