Monday, October 6, 2008

one room schoolhouse

There is an article in the minneapolis star today about a new school that is similar to a one room school house and they are teaching kids in a manner inconsistent with the public schools. they surround these kids with cool stuff like famous books. they claim that PS kids can not use uninterupted sentences because they can not think in an uninterupted manner. so they say things such as "it was, like, wow." I think people will be all up in arms saying PS isnt bad! but I think this is a great idea. Right now they only serve grades 9,10 but plan to expand to 11,12 as well. Too bad I dont live in minneapolis. I think its pretty neat.

3 comments:

~CarolynA said...

Too bad we can't just do that here!

"Can't" what a crappy word!

~CarolynA said...

Just read the article. I am not sure our counterculture members would like the "schoolishness" of it.

It is so unlike home school.

What do you think?

MoonDog said...

whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right. thats what I tell mr negative, aka Ethan. he doesnt like to try new things that are hard(like buttons or shoes or anything with his hands)

I dont know, it is unlike homeschool, yet unlike ps too. so maybe really its an alternative school.