Thursday, August 14, 2008

It is a chilly day

The kind of day you want to curl up in bed with a fluffy comforter and a good book. And since I am all kinds of behind in my book reading I am hoping for a chance to do just that.

My mother told me the doctor that delivered my oldest daughter just up and died. she was 51. scary. I liked having a woman doctor for my delivery. Not that I much minded the man doctor who delivered my son. I just think that the women doctors who delivered my daughters have a better sense of what is going on on MY side of the bed. They have been there. they know. they understand. They have felt my pain. They were soothing and calm with me. (although I did NOT find the female nurses in the labor and delivery of my son to be soothing at ALL!) I remember so clearly the moment in delivering my youngest daughter where I snapped at my husband and doctor to SHUT UP! They were good friends and colleagues. I was also her friend but didnt spend nearly as much time with her as he did in working alongside of her. They fell into a familiar banter and I was feeling "hey! this is about ME dammit!" and I snarled at them to shut up. I generally do not speak to my husband that way. It isnt me. He still laughs about it. anyways, Dr English thanks for all you did. I appreciated you being there. I hope wherever you are now is even better.

No comments: