Saturday, January 10, 2009

last night

sleep was scarce. at least for me, as the mom. when I am on mom duty I hear everything. but this was not a quiet night. Ethan and Maia were fussing in their sleep. every time the heater comes on it goes CLUNK. which in turn freaks Ethan out or startles me. at one point in the night Ethan YELLED "He's going for the flowers! get him out of the flowers!" I think that came from the bedtime story Josephina where Florecita ate the flowers Josephina meant to give her aunt. Add to that the fact that this room is fucking freezing no matter how high I turn the heat. the tile in the bathroom is ICE COLD. I can feel it through my socks! The sleep number beds are kind of nice but when its too damn cold it doesnt really matter how comfy the bed is. We actually took a nap this afternoon we were so tired. well at least two of us did. Eric's afternoon session is almost over so we will go and do something together(besides hitting the pool again, at least until later)

We went to M for lunch today and sat at a tall table in the sun. Ethan fell right off his chair. just bloop, there he goes. he leaned too far over and just fell off. I was disappointed with the new low at M. watered down ketchup. no I am not kidding. I got ketchup in the individual packets and it was MUCH different. when I dip my fries in ketchup I want to pull the fries out with ketchup on them, not a clearish watery coating. I want KETCHUP! it was sooo runny too. they didnt seem to care when I told them it was watery. oh well it isnt like I will be frequenting this M every again.

We have been in the pool several times. They are very nice here and give the kids funnoodles to play with in the pool and goggles too which they loved. But Ethan's eyes are all swelled from the chlorine and his little face is red red red. but boy they had fun in there. they are tall enough to hang out in the shallow end without having to try and keep their head above water. plus its really shallow in the shallow end. last year Ethan was pretty nervous about being on his back in the water, while I hold him. This year he was wide open. arms out not afraid at all. they were diving to the bottom trying to touch my foot in practice for summer when they want to go after the diving sticks at the campground. (ahhh the warm days of summer....I can hardley wait!!) Ethan was trying to sit his bottom on the bottom of the pool but he just floats. he isnt heavy enough to sink to the bottom even when he tries.

Eric is back so I guess its time to go do something.

No comments: