Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I had something to say here

and now I cant remember it. One week till we go to Chicago. I guess I ought to start thinking about what to bring and get a book to read on the train. 8 hours on a train should provide plenty of time for reading. I probably wont read a word though because I will be too busy looking out the window or talking to my husband. When we went to Mexico for about a week we each brought only a backpack. I dont think we can get by with that again though. When we went to Mexico we met a family of 4 from the states. Mom, Dad, and two daughters. They had a total of 12 bags. TWELVE! We didnt even have that much luggage traveling home from Russia with a toddler! I have to think about some snacks to take on the train. We will eat probably in the dining car at some point but I am sure its overpriced! so i want to be prepared with something to eat. Since we arent leaving/entering a country we can take fruit. We did take fruit when we went to Russia, but we knew it would be gone before we got there, and it was. I am looking forward to going to Chicago but I wish Eric was going to be with me all the time instead of at his conference. Maybe there will be some other wives there. It is fun to make new friends.

No comments: